CLIP Economic Deprivation Sub-group terms of reference
- To develop and maintain communication between central government departments, local authorities and other users of deprivation information, including the development of arrangements for sharing and exchanging information.
- To ensure that central and local government are aware of their respective needs, changing demands and the implications of deprivation data held by them and from other sources.
- To exchange information on approaches to the measurement of deprivation being used by local and central government.
- To alert central and local government to their respective needs for deprivation information beyond that currently available, notably data that reflects the dynamic nature of various aspects of deprivation.
- To discuss common problems in collection and analysis of statistical information about deprivation.
- To consider technical and organisational improvements in the collation of information about deprivation within and between local authorities and government departments.
- To consider ways of promoting and monitoring the use of deprivation information.